Acclimating Corals - URGENT

Beware of ordering from that site. They are very well known in this hobby for ripping people off! If your stuff arrives dead, they make it impossible for you to get your money back. They owe me, personally, hundreds of dollars from dead livestock, and they won't give a refund and make it impossible for me to use my "store credit". I checked into it recently, and now my account with them is "inactive" so they have no records that they owe me anything. I have heard the SAME STORY from lots of other people that have ordered from them too. At this point, I'm half convinced they send stuff dead on purpose so they can just keep your money.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING FROM SALTWATERFISH.COM. Better yet, just don't do it period. People get ripped off all the time by them.

If you want details, this is how they operate:

An animal arrives dead. For example, a $20 fish. So they say, "We'll credit your account $20 for the fish that arrived dead." Cool, right? Wrong.

In order to even use that $20 credit, you have to buy another $100 in livestock from them. And the $20 doesn't go towards that initial $100 order -- you have to buy another $20 item on top of your $100 purchase.

So to get your $20 credit, you spend another $120 with them. SURPRISE! That stuff arrives dead too. So they credit you that $100.

So now you have $120 in store credit, but again, they make you spend an additional $100 (plus another $120 in items) to redeem that credit.

So you place another order with them for $220. That stuff arrives dead too.

See where I'm going with this? This same scenario happened with me and many others. In the end, everything I ordered arrived dead, they refused to just give me my money back, and they owed me several hundreds of dollars in store credit that I couldn't even use unless I ordered an additional $500 in livestock from them.

Saltwaterfish.com is a giant scam.

good to know Biff. I was on their site the other day. Thanks

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but light acclimation is important as well I believe. You don't wanna shock certain corals. My dendro doesn't like light one bit.

Back