Activated carbon ???

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Lesely, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Lesely

Lesely

Hi. Have always run seachem carbon in my reactor. Now needs a change and someone gave me aqua one activated carbon (free ). Went to put in reactor and clearly states not for saltwater ?? Can anyone tell me why this product is not suitable ? Seachem is getting harder and harder to find What might be in the aqua one carbon that makes it unsuitable ? Thanks

Lesely, Apr 19, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Lesely

2XAl Salt Addict VIP Member

I know it's a little late but I've seen some products thay in saltwater will leach phos or metals. Im not a chemist but i assume it has something to do with the salt/trace elements breaking the carbon down. I started buying Seachem at Amazon when the LFS started selling marineland only.

2XAl, May 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Lesely

Lesely

I only use seachem too ! They stand by their product 100% and I trust all of there products. 100%. Never let me down yet. Lol Someone gave the cheap one to me and I was very in easy about using it ! Thanks

Lesely, May 11, 2014
  4. Lesely

Northstar24 The Tang Herder

You could also look at BRS if the stuff you buy locally is getting harder to find

Northstar24, May 11, 2014
  5. Lesely

finestbeast

At what point do you add carbon to a tank? I was told to keep it out initially but my tank is in the 2nd month...when would be good to add it to the filter?

finestbeast, May 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question