Aggresive Clown

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Yesterday when I was doing some aquascaping, my black clown was attacking my hand. I seriously wanted to flick the little bastard on the snout. Is this a bad sign? Will he do this to other fish that I may introduce to the tank? Right now I only have another black clown and they seem to have paired up. The only other fish I plan on keeping are a Six Line and a Clown Goby.

lol..hehhe ..thats what clowns do to their owners..mine does that to me everytime..but he doesnt bothers hes companion , a sebae clown..they are kinda moody..dont worry, as long as hes agreesive, hes healthy, have fun!!

I don't know what it is with clownfishes.I had a mated pair of Maroons which are suppose to be pretty aggressive but they were so docile.I now have a mated pair of Clarkii that are pirahnas.Biting my hand,stick or chase the mag float when I try to clean the glass.They won't even let a hermit or nassarius get close to the brain they are hosting.I heard of stories that when they grow up,they can draw blood.I guess some just have anger management problems.

Must just be the clowns.Mine does the same thing,they'll attack my hand every time,but dont bother any thing else.

Hawk have you seen the teeth on a Clarkii especially a big one.Its just like a pirahna's.The female is the most aggressive clown I ever had and I had many.If she draws blood on me,she's getting flush.

clowns seem to attack human hands cuz they don't know what they are - certainly not fish and are not sure if they are a threat to their territory. Mine leave other fish alone, but they sure as hell rip me apart when I get within 2 feet of their BTAs. But they are so pretty, I have to keep them.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

dont know how they will react with the fish... but as far as the sixline goes it is a very very quick fish. so even in they are jerks they will not be able to catch him i bet. then the sixline will eventually show them who is boss im sure. thats how it was with my flame angel when i added my sixline

Sixlines aren't as quick as you think, Redline. My sally lightfoots were able to take down my sixline. Because they sleep in the rocks and are an easy target!

well while the sixline is sleeping so are the clowns. and my sixline is fast. he has gold nike running shoes like michael johnson :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back