aggressive fish

diver

Reefing newb
Is it normal for your fish to attack you?

I bought a bi-color blenny last night, and decided to rearrange things, lights out, etc to help him get acclimated by throwing a wrench in to everyone's territories. My cinnamon clown and blue damsel were agitated and hit my hand a few times as I was moving things. The clown has gone after my ring before when I was cleaning algae of the glass where his hangout is. They hit pretty hard, too for small animals. They are both about 2" long.

In the beginning, none attacked me but now im scared to put my hand in the water to clean the glass because both of my clowns attack my hand relentlessly. nothing i can do...it gets to be really frustrating...

you know, I think they actuaLLY LOOK MAD WHILE THEY'RE DOING IT. Ha!
In a turnabout this morning, my gentle six-line wrasse actually turned, raised his dorsal fin straight up, and went back at the blue damsel 2x, tilll she ran off. I was cheering.
The blue damsel is a fussbudget.

If i were you, id remove the damsels and return them to your LFS for store credit or something...it wont get any better with those damsels and they will kill your fish. They will harass new coming fish until they get stressed out and die. even bigger fish, damsels are little devils.

hoo boy- my wife loves the blue, it is electric, she named it Ollie
....what about a very small filet knife with a very small skillet?

seriously, if/when they get 2x as big, if they're 2x as cranky, they will be a real problem

hoo boy- my wife loves the blue, it is electric, she named it Ollie
....what about a very small filet knife with a very small skillet?

seriously, if/when they get 2x as big, if they're 2x as cranky, they will be a real problem

Sure wouldnt take a whole lot of cornmeal.:mrgreen:
You have to be careful with aggressive tangs to.They have a razor sharp spine in their tail that can lay you wide open.
My foxface nibbles on my arm all the time.That dont hurt,but those stinging spines sure do.

Everytime I put my hand in the tank Zippie (clown) with attack my hand. But he hates the big think glove he stays away whenever I have that on. Kodax (foxface) comes over everytime. He thinks I have food for him. My tangs have no interest in me what so ever.

My yellow tang(abt. 2 1/2 ") does not bother me either, His little white spine thing is cool looking.
Since I rearranged things the other night, the blue damsel is chasing the others more.
the blenny has found a couple places he likes, and seems OK, but I haven't seen him eat yet.

Back