Alex's 75 gal

Thanks...while taking the pics, I noticed 4-5 aiptasia that sprung up over night. I added 3 pep shrimp the other night after seeing one, but since then, it looks like the aiptasia multiplied and the shrimp went incognito. You can actually see on in that middle pic with the urchin, on the left side.

Guess I'm going to have to go to the LFS this weekend and get some Joe's juice...ugh if it's not one thing it's another.

Ok, going to the LFS for some aiptasia solution...found 2 more. These pep shrimp are FIRED.
Last time I went to the LFS for a small purchase, ended up dropping $70. We'll see what happens today!

Oh man I hear ya Alex. I too have to stop by my LFS today for a refill of Aiptasia X. Of course, as I'm telling this to NDB I start to say, "You know what else I'm missing for my tank? A clam. And some nice shrimp like peppermints and cleaners. And some decorative crabs as well. You know, I don't have any decorative inverts (besides corals)!"

Oh man... It's a slippery slope. Leave your wallet at home.

PS -- if you are seriously looking for someone to "babysit" your corals/frags while you're deployed and then want them back when you come back, I bet you could find enough people on here with established tanks to do so. I wouldn't send them all to one person (like putting all your eggs in one basket), but I'd volunteer!

I'd love a clam, but I can't have them - got whelks in my tank multiplying like rabbits. I don't really mind them, especially because I have a relatively small CuC so I can use the extra help. Right now I have 2 serpents, 2 urchins, 5 hermit crabs, 10 nassarius snails, 1 blood shrimp, and 2 turbos - that's it, and it seems to be working well.

So I got aiptasia-x and I had a fun time applying it! My girlfriend made fake screams as they slowly imploded. Hopefully it works well.

While I was there, I spent $50 on corals. Got a purple/green micromusa and a brownish monti. The monti was originally green with purple tips but dulled under low lighting - it should brighten up under my lights, hopefully.I took a few quick pics, I'll get better ones when I get chance.

2010-03-14160455.jpg

2010-03-14160502.jpg

I'll def be looking for foster parents for my corals, just afraid the shipping will kill me..

Anyone got any suggestions for firmly attaching a monti that isn't attached to anything at all? I used some 2 part putty and squished it down on some rock, but I'm not sure it will hold when the pincushion urchin comes along looking for a new roof.

Nice pics.

The star was from four weeks ago.Wild,it looks like some kind of alien creature.Enjoyed the newer pics especially the one with the mandarin in it,congrats.

Back