Alien In My Aquarium?

AlienInMyTank

Reefing newb
This little worm creature showed up in my 12 Gallon Fluval edge the other day and since it is kind of neat I haven't scraped it off but can not for the life of me figure out what it is. I have had my tank set since mid January.
Please Help. As long as it doesn't harm anything it can stay but want to make sure. I have a randalls goby a cleaner shrimp a emerald crab, maroon clown and lettuce slug.

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 487
OMG, this is exactly the same thing I found on the shell of one of my turbo snails a few days ago! I think it is an alien invasion! I also have no idea what it is. Interesting that you don't have any snails in your tank, so wouldn't be snail eggs. But, I have a lettuce slug also, so maybe slug eggs?

HA! I just googled lettuce slug eggs, and guess what pictures popped up?! Apparently you and I have happy lettuce slugs!!!

I actually do have snails in my tank but forgot to add them to the list.
I only have one lettuce slug so I guess unfortunately I am not gonna have little lettuce slugs :(
How funny.... Thank you for the help

The eggs likely won't hatch - just like snail eggs don't hatch. But they are good for extra food around the tank :)

I know mine for sure is a lettuce sea slug, bought it from live aquaria and it has been in my tank w/o any problems for several weeks now. But yes, always good to double check these things!

Back