All-Glass T-8 15w bulbs

Mikek

Reefing newb
So, I've been wanting and needing to upgrade my tank, and just found a 55g with stand, Topfin 65 HOB filter and 2 All-Glass lights, with 16" bulbs, all for $100. My question is this, it looks like the bulbs are 15w T-8 fluorescent bulbs. As I said, there are two and they are 16" each...will this be adequate lighting for my coral? I have a Kenya Tree, some Shrooms, and Zoanthids, and plan on adding some more.

Thanks in advance for all and any input :)

Get the tank and set it up. If you can't swing a new T5HO or LED fixture, go buy some good T8 bulbs in a 50/50, 10,000K or Actinics (x2 each, if there's 4 bulbs, or just 2 50/50) and that should work well enough for the time being. You may have to get those zoas up in the rocks, though, but I successfully kept everything you have under a similar setup in a 5.5 and 10 before I bought T5HO's.

Thanks Kyle, by coincidence, I did pick up a couple of Zoo Med Reef Sun 50/50's with 6500k and 420 actinic earlier today. My problem is I had just bought a T5 HO LED for my 20, and can't dish out the funds for a new one.

I see...no returns for refund? You could always put it on craigslist or something. Or keep it for later, you never know when you'll need an extra.

Back