And We're Live! Buddys 75g Setup

Its been a while since i updated. I received the corals from mr. coral about 2 weeks ago and since then have lost 3. The alien eye zoas turned brown and wilted to mush, the jack of all trades favia came dead on arrival, and the chaos mushroom fell through a hole in one of my rocks while trying to place it... Long story :shock:

I still have the urchin but he has made a home in the sump for now as there is plenty of algae for him to munch on till i find him a better home. I also adopted a yellow eye tang from a local reefer who claimed his trigger was picking on it. When i got this fish, he had signs of fin rot (or someone just nipped his fin) but that has healed, and also had a few ich spots show up but theyre vanishing and are barely visable now so hes being nursed back to health. His name is Duffuss (hes a little dumb, or clumsy).

I have also added the final fish to my tank, A royal gramma basslet, her name is Princess. For the record, my girlfriend came up with these names, not i. At first, my coral beauty picked on her for the first day or so before she started biting back and now they get a long great. Very pleased with a peaceful tank thus far.

Heres a few pictures of how everything is looking, excuse the camera, its a little outdated and does no justice for the color of my tank.

Duffuss:
DSCF1413.jpg

Princess:
DSCF1409.jpg

spider man zoas from mr. coral:
DSCF1419.jpg

easter egg goniopora from mr. coral:
DSCF1418.jpg

clam and one of the new ricordea mushrooms:
DSCF1408.jpg

kenya trees growth progress:
DSCF1404.jpg

duncan coral single head now has 7 baby heads under it:
DSCF1394.jpg

frogspawn (branches have multiplied and gotten fatter):
DSCF1395.jpg

superman acan from mr. coral:
DSCF1399.jpg

another one of the 3 new ricordeas:
DSCF1400.jpg

above tank shot of clam:
DSCF1417.jpg

blue and green favia from mr. coral:
DSCF1426.jpg

And FTS so far:
FTS1.jpg

I figured i would label everything, i think grassman did this and i thought it was a great idea so heres my attempt.

ftslabel.jpg

1: green, peach, orange ricordea
2: purple death paly frag
3: tub blue zoas
4: branching frogspawn
5: crimson/white/orange shroom
6: blue/green favia frag
7: multi colored zoa frag
8: yellow/green zoa frag
9: neon green shroom
10: superman acan frag
11: green button paly colony
12: green star polyp frag
13: green and orange chalice
14: hammer coral (wall)
15: crimson/white spotted shroom
16: neon candy cane
17: sweet palys frag (pink, purple,blue palys from mr. coral)
18: nuke greens frag
19: green button paly frag (from colony)
20: purple shroom
21: neon green toadstool
22: blue maxima clam
23: orange/white spotted zoas
24: easter egg goniopora frag
25: purple/orange/green ricordea
26: kenya tree
27: spiderman zoas
28: red/green candy cane
29: neon orange shroom
30: duncan coral
31: is my frag rack, it has 1x neon green birdsnet branch/frag, 1x blue monti with red polyps frag, 1x 2 branch acropora (green/purple), 1x fungia plate frag with green polyps (incredible hulk from mr. coral, its not doing so hot), and 1x dead jack of all trades favia, still hoping it has some life form in it and will magically live but i think its to far gone :[

also above #19 is the 3rd ricordea shroom, forgot to label it. I wish my camera took better pictures so everything showed up better, i think the tank lights play a huge factor in the colors my camera picks up.

as for the flower pot goniopora, i had it on the frag rack and it did well, i moved it to the rocks and the polyps branched out much further, the lights just came on when i took those pictures earlier so it wasnt branched out enough. Any particular reason it needs to be in the sand?

Thanks all for looking and for the comments, much appreciation! :D

put the flower pot coral back up on the frag rack... it wasn't to happy in the sand :[... also, i killed one of my ricordeas, the rock it was attached to was rather large so i tried removing it from the rock and letting it attach to some gravel and rubble. After having one of my power heads off for roughly 2 weeks (to lower flow and let it attach) i decided i needed to turn it back on to benefit my tank and hoped that what sand it attached to was enough for me to glue it to a rock in the tank. I think some super glue got on the shrooms foot and im assuming it killed it. the mushroom slowly desolved to nothing. I only paid 6 bucks for it so its not a huge loss but it was disappointing :[

Good news, just inherited a nice 46gallon bowfront. Can you say future build?! I can! Time to start saving my money ;)

FWIW, my gonios always do better placed about 1/2 up my rockwork in my tank. And I doubt the superglue killed the shroom. Usually if you try to superglue one of them down they'll just get slimy to get rid of the glue.

Yes, it got slimy and stretched out, literally drooping off the rock. i tried resetting it on the rock and went out of town for a few days and within those few days away, it was gone when i returned

Update time!

Unfortunately some of you may already know, i lost my yellow eye tang. My coral beauty and yellow tang double teamed him to a point beyond return and unfortunately he lost his life to a powerhead in his hospital tank. He will always be remembered and loved :shock:

Moving right along.... New guys to replace him, meet Convict and Jet

Convict

DSC01371.jpg

Jet (he moves to quickly for camera to focus:^: )
DSC01374.jpg

I went with the damsels because i know they're aggressive fish and figured that it would be the best option to stand up against the coral beauty. Adding them last will hopefully keep them in check as well.So far, so good.

Some other new additions to the aquarium... No names given yet, any ideas?

The emerald crab

DSC01375.jpg

The purple linkia starfish

DSC01363.jpg

and a few sand sifting snails which are hiding in the sand

New corals i've added as well:

Purple/Green Fungia plate

DSC01364.jpg

also added a few yellow colony polyps

DSC01362.jpg

and my new personal favorite, the torch

DSC01358.jpg

Full tank shot as it sits now, do notice the new tonga live rock i added today. I also replaced one of the maxi jet 1200s (on the left) with a 900 because the 1200 would rattle and created a little more flow than desired.

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

More to come soon after many long backrubs and flowers for the lady... :bowdown:

Your tanks really coming along Buddy, it looks great!

Keep an eye on that frag rack, I just realized that the seal on my magnets leaked and started rusting.

Back