And We're Live! Buddys 75g Setup

yup yup, I'll post a photo of the ring here soon. the diamond should be here any day now and the mounting itself is being made at my repair shop (i work for a jewelry store so it was an easy deal for me)

Well congrats on both ends of the deal! Wish I had permission to upgrade to a 180...........but I don't think my hubby will accept a shiny ring in trade. Perhaps a full auto lead slinger, but not a shiny ring..........

i'm really excited for this new tank. it's a shame we don't have more larger setups. i too am planning a larger tank (around 225-275g) and am finding it hard finding journals on here and info to tease the mind with until then.

so she gets the ring soon and then an immediate online discussion of planning this thing out, right? haha, i'm eager to see what you come up with!

yup! for starters, will upgrade from 48 leds to 144! will implement some reds into the fixture for more color. they will also be controlled by an apex controller so I can have a more customizable photo period and will be running 3x mp40s. The rest is simple: vertex skimmer, sump, ato with a kalk stirrer, and calc reactor (why both? so I have a more stable Ph, They will cancle each other out as the calc reactor will lower the Ph and the lime water of the Kalk Stirrer will increase it making them equal.

A fellow reefer in my home town showed me his 150 and hes running the same setup which is working great for him.

Will finely tweak my wish list once tax season settles (I owe this year :grumble:)

Ring = Paid for... just waiting for the mount to be finished

so here it is folks, ring is finally complete. this could be my 180g upgrade! but shes worth it. when i get some money back in my pocket, the 180g upgrade will begin and im going all out!

I designed and had this ring made from scratch. maybe some of you know a little bit about diamonds so heres the stats for ya: center stone is a 1.03ct e in color, IF in clarity, ex cut /ex symm, no fluorescence gia certified stone. mounting is in pt900 (90%) platinum and houses 46x colorless si1 melee stones. total diamond weight is 1.33ct. Little proud if I say so myself.

3D CAD design
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

3D Wax Mold (ignore my coworker, I used her grey shirt as a background to focus :D )
IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Finished Product
IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to give it to her. Right now I'm leaning towards the Georgia aquarium, trying to figure out some arrangements to maybe dive and do it under water ;) (my luck, a grouper would eat it! )

thank yall, im stoked. im aiming to give it to her mid april and will be moving end of may. once i get moved in thats when i will began the new tank build. unfortunately things arent going so well with the tank. all softies and sps are doing greaaaaat. my fish are healthy as can be but my sps arent doing so hot. the monticaps are fine, and a select few of my acros are good but in the past month, ive lost at least 15 frags due to rtn.the most recent victim was my jedi mind trick montipora. ive decided to not mess with anything else in the tank until the upgrade. I have a feeling the mouse pad i put in the tank when i very first set it up is th culprit. i was told it was safe for the aquarium and could use it as a pad to rest the mag drives on reducing the vibrations. over time, that mouse pad began to deteriorate into smaller black pieces of rubber. i took it out and replaced it with ziploc bags with sand. but i think the small particles that deteriorated from the mousepad may still be in the water column and its effecting my sps corals. everything else looks great as far as water levels so thats the only thing i can blame it on now.

Congrats and cool looking ring. I'm sure she will love it. As far as putting a mouse pad in a sw tank......not sure that is the best idea IMO. Anything that can break down over time I wouldn't trust.

Back