And We're Live! Buddys 75g Setup

dude at LFS said maroon clowns bite you, you being me... lol. So for a fish list im going

2x Ocellaris Clownfish (1 orange, 1 black)
1x Coral Beauty angelfish (flames to much $)
1x Foxface
3x Blue Chromis
1x Wrasse (not sure which type yet)
1x goby (again not sure which type)
I would also like a tang but i dont think i have enough room in the aquarium and am not sure how it would do with the foxface.

and that about wraps up the fish list. How does it look? Hopefully that isnt over doing it. Let me know if so. In which order should i add first to last?

I definitely need help with the coral stock list. I want it to be colorful and the girlfriend wants it to look like avatar lol

That is a lot of fish for a 75, but i think it will work because they arent large fish. Just add slowly. Your tank and its inhabitants will tell you when its full.

And i would start with the easy stuff, like mushrooms, leathers, zoas, paly etc and then move on to the LPS and SPS. You will get a feel for what you like, and its awesome watching small frags turn into big colonies.

go to reefcleaners.org and you can either custom make your crew, or he has ones for each tank size. I think you also get a discount for being a member on here.

If it looks like too many, you can just order one of their smaller packages. Also, there's a page on their site where you can list all of your tank details and what kind of cuc your looking for and they will design a package just for you.

If your tank is large enough and they are introduced at the same time. But im not sure if a 75 gal is considered "larger enough". It might be.

Thanks! Im thinking these now based on what i scouted out at the pet store today. Let me know what ya think

2x Ocellaris Clown
1x mandarin
1x flame dwarf angel
1x coral beauty angel
1x black/white striped damsel or yellowtail damsel
1x powder brown tang

Damsels are evil, dont even waste your money on them. They are extremely aggressive and will harass anything you put in the tank, often to their death.

Remember to add the mandarine when your tank is established, they often starve to death in small tanks.

Also even though they say you can put a poweder brown in a 70 gal tank, i would not. They are one of the more difficult tangs to keep (stress super easy and then die). I would stick with the yellow.

Look into the wrasses, there are lots of cool wrasses

It is suggested if you do it that you add both at one time. Also, I think it will only work in a bigger tank. I had a flame and a beauty and the flame chased the beauty whenever he saw him, which wasn't too often since the beauty stuck to the opposite side of the tank.

EDIT: Totally didn't scroll down before I responded. +1 little_fish on the tang and the damsels.

Hey Buddy, I was checking out your pictures of your plumbing setup. Mine will be very similar. What did you use to seal the joints in the pvc pipe? Thanks

Back