Andrews build thread:)

yeah wish they made powerheads that were a little smaller, looks odd having this huge black pump on the side of the tank lol

Ok Update! The tank is all clear and I see two thing that are most definitley not rocks. I tried taking photos but they are super blurry and wont do anything. The first thing seems to be attached to one of the rock. It seems to be soft tube with little red legs coming out of it. I put my hand near it so see if was part of the rock and the critter sucked its "legs" in. It isnt moving around but staying put. The other thing looks like a little red work coming out of one of the rocks. Its only about 1 cm long but is definitley not part of the rock,

Wish I had a photo to give you, ill keep trying.

Google aiptasia and majano. Does it look like either of those? The second one sounds like a bristleworm, which is a good hitch hiker.

Yeah I dont think its Aiptasia or Majano :( It almost looks like a feather duster. The body looks worm like about 1 cm across and and the tenticles or whatever they are have a redish tint to them. It also seems to be fairly secured to the rock. Hmmmmmmm. I just found another oddity. Looks like a white worm, its curled up under one of the rocks and is just floating there, almost like fish poo. My girlfriend is very excited that we have new animals in our apartment lol

Ok after doing some research I think this mystery hitchhiker might be a very small button polyp. If this is possible? Only thing I can find the looks like it

give your tank a few weeks and then give your girlfriend a flashlight when the tank lights are off... oooh at the things you will find! Sounds like a button polyp to me, is the stalk or trunk of it somewhat transparent?

give your tank a few weeks and then give your girlfriend a flashlight when the tank lights are off... oooh at the things you will find! Sounds like a button polyp to me, is the stalk or trunk of it somewhat transparent?

Sort of, it's a little hard to see because how it's placed on the rock

i have 2 of them myself, one i randomly found and another i saw fall off my green button colony and later saw it attaching itself to a side of a rock, been there ever since. its a little on the transparent side because its so small and doesnt have much color because its in a low lighted place so it may not survive but to me, sounds like what you have is the same

Back