Anemone? Perhaps?

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
We got some new LR today... I know for a fact one of the rocks has a mojano on it... the guy at the LFS gave it a good squirt with aiptasia X before he boxed it for us (and a bottle to take home, just in case).
There is, however, another anemone that I found, but it's too far away from the glass for my crappy camera to get a picture of it.
After trolling around tonight... I found a picture of Boloceroides spp. This definitely looks like what I have. Here's the page I found it on: Anemone Hitch Hikers

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm going to be googling all night I think...

Does anything else have this banding on it?

It really has no stalk to speak of... it's pretty much flat on the rock. The disk is a little bigger than the circumference of a pencil eraser... and the tentacles are brown and green banded when I shine the flashlight on them (they were brown and kind of cream-y colored with the tank lights on)... The ends aren't really curly, though... they're pretty straight...

Should I squirt it just to be sure?

Yeah... I'm squirting it. Pretty sure it's an aiptasia now. And too big for the peppermints...
That's twice in one night, BL... :bowdown:

Back