anemone questions

mom_of_3

Reefing newb
I have an anemone that was identified as a Warty Anemone or Gulf Warty Anemone and I really do not know what all it needs to stay healthy. It came out of a rock that was collected and we had no clue that it was even there. So for the questions portion of this:

1) what should I feed it? It has been living on a diet of Mysis shrimp but it seems to be getting bored with it.

2) how often should it be fed? I am currently feeding once a day in the early evening hours around 6:30-7ish

3) temperatures? the tank has been maintaining around 76-78 degrees

4) anything else that I didn't know to ask but should have

Thanks.

The last time I looked around the web at these anemones there wasn't a lot of information out there. From what I remember they can be pretty aggressive and pack a potent sting so fish beware. They don't seem to be light demanding like the clown hosting anemones. The one person I know that had one fed it a couple times a week. He fed it small pieces of raw table shrimp, squid, mysis and krill. He got rid of it when one of his fish got to close and ended up being dinner. As far as the temperature I don't know what the warty likes but I keep my temp at 80 with my BTA anemones.

Back