Another find/development

Shane1

Reefing newb
I just noticed three dark green clumps in the sand of my tank. They have been slowly uncovered or have rapidly developed. Lookingg back at pics I've taken over the last couple of days, they werent there when I first brought everything home, now they are very visable. TIA
First shot from a couple days ago.
DSCF1405.jpg

Taken just a few minutes ago
DSCF1421.jpg

Looks kinda like the start of green cyano, which is growing because of high nutrient levels.

What is your water change schedule? What are you levels? Photoperiod? How much are you feeding?

Looks kinda like the start of green cyano, which is growing because of high nutrient levels.

What is your water change schedule? What are you levels? Photoperiod? How much are you feeding?

This tank is new to me, but about a year old all together. I changed about 50% of the water as soon as I took ownership as it was neglected and without power for about 36 hours. I'm not sure what my levels are as I dont have a test kit yet and will not have one for several weeks. I'm feeding 2 - 3 times a day.

I would cut down to once every other day. Its really hard not have algae issues with two fish in a small tank. I would get test kits sooner rather than later, and start doing weekly water changes. Take out as much as you can by hand.

Back