Another "Pick My Fish" Thread

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
Okay, last fish for my tank.

I bought another 6-line wrasse Monday evening. Tank tested good after being away for a weekend and I never did find that last 6-line.

I got room for one more fish, but it's gotte be on the medium too small size.

Current fish:
diamond watchman goby
6-line wrasse

30g high tank.

My 6-line is devouring the pods in the tank, so I don't really want to put another fish in there to compete for his food.

Reef Safe, of course. REALLY don't want a "jumper" like some of the gobys or blennies.

Open to all ideas.

I think it's cool, but I know my kids will be calling it "the saltwater goldfish" within 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

That'll drive me to the fringes of sanity. I'll be on the phone with Doc--giving him my CC #, so he can save/counsel me over the phone. :lol: We already have 2 enormous goldfish in a little 10g FW tank. I keep begging my wife to let me trade them at the LFS for a couple tropical fish. She won't have it. I've jokingly threatened to flush them, she makes other threats.

All I need is for my kids to think I've got saltwater goldfish too.

I kinda think the blue/green chromis is cool. Could I get 2 or 3 of them? They stay small. I think it would be cool to have a school of them, but I don't think I want that much bioload in my little 30g tank.

coral beauty is a good swimming fish, and doesn't get to big.

your choice of chromis should be a good as well I would do at least 3, try to stay with odd numbers for them.

I do like that blennie, reeffreak.

I also like the dwarf angels, but I'm scared they will eat my reef. Most of them are supposed to be attracted to SPS and some clams. I don't plan to have a clam, but I do like the SPS. I do like the Flame and the Coral Beauty.

I also like a few other gobies. The red stripe gobies would be cool if I had 2 or 3 of them. I also like the Catalina goby, but it's more suited to a colder tank. My tank runs about 78-80F almost all the time. I do have a 3-4" diamond watchman goby already. Not sure it would be a good idea to put all those gobies in the same tank.

Spotted cardinal fish are kinda cool too.

My tank is too small. :grumble: I all of a sudden have a wild hair to have a small school of the same species. Even with little 3" fish, it's just too much bioload in the tank.

Time to upgrade tank then Rc.

BTW
My flame angel has yet to touch any of my corals(that I know of).
But yeah,50/50 as to weather their reef safe or not.

Alright, before I get myself in HUGE trouble, I have narrowed it down to these possabilities:

Flame Angel-my favorite angel of all-had one 20yrs ago
Coral Beauty Angel

This would really be pushing my fish load. My original intent was a 95% invert tank with only 3 fish

2 or 3 Chromis
2 or 3 Spotted Cardinals
2 or 3 Chalk Basslets

Back