Another thread about poop

You don't need to turn off the powerheads, they will just help spread the medication around the tank. The instructions don't say how long to turn the skimmer off for? Usually for medications, it's something like 24 hours.

The instructions are teeeny tiiiiny. I felt old for the first time in my life as I squinted at them on the bottle and said eh? speak up sonny. No magnifying glass as I am Nancy, NOT Sherlock.So, I went online and found the directions in actual readable print. And, just says remove carbon and protein skimming....
I will wait 24 hours Biff, cause, it sounds smart. You always sound smart. Plus, you're another year older now. And wiser.

Update: If anyone cares, of course you do, how could you not....
I tried to put the skimmer back on after 36 hours. What a nightmare. Foaming and microbubbles. I waited another day and tried again. The skimmer cup is over flowing and not with skim, just water is bubbling over. So I took the cup off and let it run for the day. Dumb mistake. I came home and the WHOLE tank is just microbubbles. The poor fish are hovering in the corner as far away as possible. I shut off the skimmer and the bubbles disappeared and the fish are happy again. I will do a big water change on Saturday and try to turn the skimmer on again.
My corals, inverts and fish all seem great and I haven't seen any stringy poo.

No mention of water change on product. Also, not sure when treatment is "stopped" ?

Are these the directions you read?

Tech Notes
Directions For Use:

For treatment of praziquantel-susceptible disease conditions in pond, freshwater and marine aquariums.

As A Bath: Start treatment with as large a water change as practical or start with new water. Any water used should first be conditioned to remove ammonia, chlorine and chloramines. Do not stop filtration, but remove activated carbon and stop foam-fractionation (protein skimming) and UV sterilization. Shake vigorously before use. Measure Aquarium Solutions® Liquid PraziPro® at the rate of one (1) teaspoon per 20 gallons of water to be treated. (one (1) fl. oz. per 120 gallons) Measure Pond Solutions™ Liquid PraziPro® at the rate of one (1) teaspoon per 32 gallons of water to be treated. (one (1) fl. oz. per 200 gallons) This produces a concentration of 2.5 mg/L. Distribute the proper amount around the edge of the aquarium or pond or directly in to the filter box to achieve the best overall distribution. A single treatment lasting 5-7 days is normally sufficient. Repeat as necessary, but no more than once every 3 to 5 days. May be used as a preventative, at the standard dosage, when disease is likely. Do not use with other drugs or disease treatments. May cause temporary foaming.

No but it does say temporary foaming. The way that I read this is the meds are active 5-7 days after being introduced into the water.

My skimmer goes berserk when anything is added into the water. The only way to calm is down is change almost 75% of my water.

Back