Any advice on fake corals?

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
,or anything for color,i love my angel,hes the centerpiece fish.My tank is alittle drab to say the least when compared to many here.I really don't mind it too much,but my wife will notice me looking at fts shots from POTM's and say why can't we have that.Then i tell her.Then she asks how can we get some more color in there,and i really don't know.Any help,tips.......thanks

Fake corals can add color to your tank, but they do look, well, fake. And algae and coralline grows on them like crazy. They are really hard to keep clean in saltwater tanks.

I think your only option is to set up a second tank!! ;)

Yeah,i already looked at them online,just wanted to see if anyone had them before.A second tank,now theres a thought:D

If it's any consolation, my wife looks at cool fish like you have and asks if we can have that and I have to explain why we can't. ;)
Maybe i need fake fish!

You could always try some corals, zoas are a for sure gonner but ive seen plenty of angels in reef tanks. Trial and error.

Zoas must be just delicious to fish or something. Almost every "with caution" fish I've read on that has been seen munching on corals usually goes for the zoas first.

nom nom nom!

You could buy a really expensive lobo, and then you could add plenty of zoos. When the angel eats the zoos, you can say "Well, at least he didn't eat the lobo". :D

And then you could just continue to buy $5-10 zoo frags...just think of them as decorative food. Kinda' like grapes, they look great sitting on the table, but you know within a day or two it will just be picked clean.:bounce:

Drs Foster & Smith sell the fake corals. They might be nice for a dentist's office but who are you trying to fool with a tank in your own home?

You're just going to have the algae problem that someone else mentioned. No way that anything "dead" will stay algae free. Especially with all those nooks and crannies. Will look like doo-doo in no time flat.

Back