Aquascaping with other than LR

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
What artificial reef can I use besides LR (I have plenty) to create many more hiding places, little tunnels, caves, etc. I though of hiding several tubes of PVC under the LR but its hard to hide it and it looks ugly. More LR doesn't help because I have limited space and LR doesn't have lots of big holes and caves to hide in.

The only other thing I would use,is some dry base rock.It looks natural and will eventually become live rock.

take your pvc pipes, cover them with aquarium silicone then roll them in agronite sand and crushed coral, let it dry and wah-lah, you have a cave. you can do the same with cement and any type of limestone (could be wrong about the limestone) and eventually it will become "live" as well.

take your pvc pipes, cover them with aquarium silicone then roll them in agronite sand and crushed coral, let it dry and wah-lah, you have a cave. you can do the same with cement and any type of limestone (could be wrong about the limestone) and eventually it will become "live" as well.

Good idea.

Back