Art's 12 Gallon Cadlights

guarda

Reefing newb
Sorry I didn't have a chance to take pics until after setting it up since I was rushing to get all my livestock and lr out of the buckets sitting in my living room. As alot of you know already, my bc14 cracked and I picked up a tank off craigslist to try and save my livestock. Anyway, here is how it looks from day 3 of putting in the lr, water, and sand from tank 1 and tank 2. Picked up a dendro and a favia frag today. So far the tank has a pink Goniopora, green and red palys, assorted zoas, a little tree that I can't id, 3 pulsing xenia branches, 4.5 mushrooms, a brain (i call it wellsophyllia but i think it's another one that starts with a shy or sty), and Sony, my mandarin.

6tpate.jpg

orange and yellow dendro,(already eating mysis and brine and always wanting more)
4ujuxs.jpg

i think it's a favia frag my gf picked out. i call it ET
331zvrn.jpg

Let's hope I don't break this one.

Anyone know if it's possible to take better frontal pics with a typical 10mp Sony point and shoot digital camera? These were the) best I could get and look so bland compared to everyone else's.

Quick update. Got a hammer and couldn't find a good spot for it. It's almost touching the zoas and pipe organ right above it. Anyone want one of my pulsing xenia colonies?

2v8j1nb.jpg

Thank God you know how to identify what you have.:mrgreen:Hammers and Frogs seem to baffle some people here.

Looks awesome!

Thanks! I'm no expert but I've seen many hammers with extra nubs on the same stem just like frogspawn and have also seen lots of frogspawn that had tips that seemed a little deformed, slightly resembling hammer shaped tips. Like you said in the other post, hammerspawn! Since they bud so fast, i'm sure we'll see evolutionary changes/morphs/fusions in euphyllia faster than other, slower growing species.

Which reminds me, I haven't heard a mosquito buzz in a long time, at least here in nyc. This generation of mosquitos "lost" the buzzing trait for survival it seems.

Back