Baby Mantis?

Old_Moe

Reefing newb
I am really not sure what this is.

ok... so what has:

about 8-10 legs ( four or five on each side )
Tail with about 3 spikes
Head with 2 antennas
2 black eyes
Walks along the bottom
about the length of a dime

?

I found it in my sock this morning while cleaning

Thanks!!!

Head to left, tail to right
IMG_0886_sm_zps0d592158.jpg

Close up of tail
IMG_0887_sm_zps0dd7301e.jpg

Close up of head
IMG_0888_sm_zps900eb444.jpg

yeah.. cool looking thing.

almost like a claw-less-long-ass lobster?

cross breed centipede/lobster

or a komodo dragon haha

decided not to put it back in the tank. Dont want to put it back if it is on the naughty list.

will keep it in a cup for awhile just in case someone has an idea here.

thanks!!

I'm sure it's been in your tank awhile and it is ok. Had any problem in the tank lately?

No issues at all, nothing missing.. that I can tell. just not sure what it is.. and how big it gets. I have added some coral in the past month, so it could have come in with that ( I dip everything ),,, but by the looks of this thing.. it may drink the Dip on Friday nights.

I guess I can throw it in my sump and let it fight with the hermit that I banned from the DT since it started eat one of my frogspawns some time ago.

Thanks.

No issues at all, nothing missing.. that I can tell. just not sure what it is.. and how big it gets. I have added some coral in the past month, so it could have come in with that ( I dip everything ),,, but by the looks of this thing.. it may drink the Dip on Friday nights.

I guess I can throw it in my sump and let it fight with the hermit that I banned from the DT since it started eat one of my frogspawns some time ago.

Thanks.

HAHAHAHA nice:Cheers:

Back