Baby snails!!!

Jojo1628

Reefing newb
I just found out all over the glass wall there are mini white particles that shapes like this...

snail.jpg

I have two turbo snails, and I see that on one of the turbo there are many little hair, it's white/clear and looks fuzzy, the other snail has these white things on it...are these what they look like BABY SNAILS??? I have tons of these on the glass wall...i thought they are hard to breed captive...

they are only hard to breed cause fish like to make the eggs a snack, thats the only problem you run into, congrats on the store credit man

Those aren't baby snails. See the tiny fans on the ends of them? Those are feather duster worms. Common hitchhikers to find on the glass.

yeah, but I was wondering what was on the snails too. So feather dusters will take a ride on snails too? Since Jojo was saying there were white things on his snail too I just wanted to be sure they weren't parasites and just something else that's harmless.

Last edited:
Snail shells can get hitch hikers growing on them too. I've seen hitch hikers on my hermit crab shells too. It's kind of unusual, but can happen. I have a hermit crab with a xenia growing on its shell.

wow..what should I do to get them under control?? I have to see so many potential worms coming later, should I clean the glasses now? any fish or snails feed on them?

They stay very small, so you're not going to get any store credit for them. Just scrape them off of the glass if you don't want them there.

So here's another pic of the snail w/ the fuzzy like things growing...it's shell was very clear when I got him, but two months later turn into this...is this safe?

DSC02554.JPG
snal2.jpg

Back