Bad little Flame!!

mtkid6

So much to learn....
I recently bought a flame angel for my 37 gallon reef tank. He did well for the first few days but yesterday I notice all of my zoa's closed up. I watched for a while and I saw him occasionally nip at them. I knew going in there may be a chance of this so its not a huge suprise. Is there anything I can do to deter him from continuing this or should I just take him back?

If you do decide to try again the only thing I can say is keep him really well fed for the first few weeks in your tank. It should help for him to learn where the food comes from because once they get a taste for corals they'll never stop eating them.

So mr flame is heading back to the lfs today. I am thinking about getting another tomato clownfish to try and get them to pair up. Any thoughts or concerns I should have before I attempt something like this.

Well I guess I may be a glutton for punishment but I am going to try and angel again. This guy was just begging to come home with me. So I am trying to feed the crap out of him to start with and see if it helps.

tn

Try putting him in a refugium or sump for a week or so if you have one.

I guess I got lucky, I have 3 angels that haven't gotten hungry for coral.

Well my cloudy eyed Red striped angel died today. I guess it must have been a bacterial infection? Water parameters were good ( ph 8, amm 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 0, sal 1.025, and temp of 77-79) any thoughts?

Back