Beast's Budget Build

Officaly have a peppermint shrimp and two clown fish. Everyone is very happy :D ...no algea, and so far I have done about 3 gallons worth of water changes with distilled water. Next I will be saving for a light and getting some coarls. Probobly in a month or two. I will let these guys cycle for a while and just be happy.
2my9atk.jpg

Ok so Im finally starting to get some serious algea growth. I figured this would happen eventully since I don't have a really good filtration system. I was going to create a little 2.5 gallon fuge, but honestly I get soo confused with all the diffrent types. What would be the best type for me. wet/dry, wet/dry trickle....I plan on having coarls eventully, but wanna wait untill all the algea blooms are finished. Clowns are still super healthy. They are really getting along now. Also all my chemicals are great. The only two that are even slightly high is my PH and Carbonate hardness. PH at about 8.4-8.6. And Carbonate hardness at 150 ppm. Amonia is spot on. What if I just add some cheato to the tank. I dont care if it grows in the main tank as long as the clowns an crabs don't eat it, or kill it. Tank is about 4 months old now.

Back