Bebop's 29g Cube!

Bebop

Reefing newb
Woo Hoo!

So, the tank is up and running, no leaks or cracks!

I have mostly base rock. I had issues with buying lots of LR off Craigslist last time that put lots of pests in my tank, I’m not going to risk it this time. Unfortunately, this will delay the time that I will add anything alive for about a month or two (I've read 60 - 90 days to seed baserock, but a year for it to fully mature) I bought about five pounds of LR that I’m using to seed.

The following are pictures! :mrgreen:

Note: that pump in the middle of the tank is just there to keep water moving around, I've read better flow = faster seeding, but who knows. Also, the lights are only on to take photos with, I've been leaving them off since all I’m doing is cycling/seeding. Unless someone tells me that leaving lights on as normal will seed faster I'll probably keep them off.

6936746193_9c95928a67_z.jpg

6790630288_29427a3a5b_z.jpg

6936747693_d77bce81bf_z.jpg

Looks good! The live rock you bought should seed your dry rock within a few weeks, but you'll still need to cycle your tank. Patience is indeed a virtue in this hobby :)

After a minor incident with my holding tank somehow being corrupted (I checked the water parameters and ammonia was at .5 - No idea how since the water was fresh as of the day before) I have my main tank up and running and fully cycled!

Which is good because I bought some frags at reefstock. The first I believe is Fire and Ice, the second is Eye of Ra

6973636869_b9659ec6f9_b.jpg

6827520764_48aa23c016_b.jpg

It'll be a few weeks before I add anything else, but it is exciting none the less! The Eye of Ra looks AWESOME at night, it's greens really pop.

Looks good! Did you have fun at reefstock? Cuz, i had an awesome time! I also came home with one of my favorite montis and some rics.

Reefstock was cool, very cool.

I used the convention as an excuse to go check out the Denver Aquarium again, but I think I'll skip that and just go to the convention next year...there's something about dealing with crowds and little children screaming that gives me a killer headache. And the light distortion from the tanks doesn't help (especially in that one tube section with the giant eel...always makes me dizzy)

Did you win anything in the raffle?

HAHA! After several weeks of dead lights and using make shift stuff I FINALLY got my brand spanking new LED's up and running!

6894643320_cc102326d7_c.jpg

Now on Wednesday I get to rip the whole thing out and wire it with the Aquarium Controller I just bought. >.<

Yah, but I'm indecisive to say the least.

I had my heart set on a Jawfish, but until I can figure out a way to block off the little gap between the plumbing in the back and the display tank I'm afraid I'll have to pass because of their suicidal tendencies.

I'm pretty set on a pair of clowns though. I'm debating between a few other fish as well but I need to get my CUC before I look too hard at fish. I'll probably wind up getting my CUC sometime in the next week or two.

Update:

The First Fishie!

6948827744_f5b5312cd2_b.jpg

Terrible photo I know I know, but it's the best I can do. I fixed the problem I thought I might have via some egg crate, and this guys seems less jumpy than my last jaw *knock on wood*

Back