best type of salt

They all have their pluses and minuses, I personally use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. Mostly because the price. I have used a few others, never really noticed much difference in the growth rates of my corals, however, I only have a few SPS.

+2 on the reef crystals----- I used Oceanic when I first started the hobby but went away from it for a reason that I can't even remember so it probably was a price thing.

I use instant ocean, cheap, free shipping from amazon and they deliver it right to my doorstep in 5 gal containers. Even comes in a free water mixing bucket when its all gone!

I Useto use Instant Ocean, But i switched over to Red Sea Coral Pro, and never looked back. I love The Red Sea Salt its great. ever since i started using it i noticed a huge difrence in my water quality and corals.

Plus i get the bucket for 65$ So its not to bad i think.

Meaning my watter was better at keeping clean and looked more clear, all my Parammeter Like Ca. KH. Mg. where on the right numbers for a longer time. Everything got more stable.

Aquavitro Salinity user here.
This salt actually mixes up to 1.026 using the standard 2 cups per gallon so it's really not much more expensive. Every batch is tested and the results are right on the bucket.
And speaking of the bucket... that zip-top lid is AWESOME! :D

This salt actually mixes up to 1.026 using the standard 2 cups per gallon so it's really not much more expensive. Every batch is tested and the results are right on the bucket.

2 Cups per Gallon ???? WOW thats a grip of salt.

i tought the standard for salt mix is 1/2 cup per gallon, i know with my salt i do 14 cups for 30 gl of water and thats gets me at 1.025 or 0.26 at times depending if im right at the cup line or a bit more.

But what about ordering online? Wouldn't there be an overweight shipping that needs to be paid? Where do you order from? Amazon? Marine Depot?

2 Cups per Gallon ???? WOW thats a grip of salt.

i tought the standard for salt mix is 1/2 cup per gallon, i know with my salt i do 14 cups for 30 gl of water and thats gets me at 1.025 or 0.26 at times depending if im right at the cup line or a bit more.

LOL! Sorry, i meant the opposite. 1 cup per 2 gallons. ;)

I use the same stuff here, love the Seachem products.

I personally used Reef Crystals but have had the best results from Red Sea Coral Pro. I left Red Sea Coral Pro due to cost but now I see that cost is worth growth. I have been doing a lot of research and intend on switching to D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro Plus. A lot of good reviews suggesting exponential LPS growth with it something I had with Red Sea Coral Pro.

Back