Best way to frag a cladiella/colt coral

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
I have a BIG cladiella coral and was wondering what the best way to frag it would be? It has several branches so I was going to take the big one off on the back side of it. Everytime I touch the stock it feels real greasy so I didnt know if I go cutting on it if it would release a bunch of toxins in the water? Never really fragged anything before so any help would greatly be appreciated.

It'll probably slime up pretty good when you cut it.I mean you'd slime up to is somebody went to cutting on your limbs.
I dont think its got any toxins that'll mess your water up.

One thing that i read said to use a gel superglue and glue it to a piece of rock. make sure that when you cut it you do it is in one slice this makes the healing process go faster.

take a piece of small rock and attach the cut piece of colt coral with a rubberband. it will attach to the rock in about a week. cut the colt coral where you want. yes it will slime up, but that is OK

-Doc

Don't frag it in the main tank.It will definitely have excessive slimming.Do it in a separate bucket and cut with a razor blade.You can either rubber band loosely around a rock rubble or use fishing line and a needle.Poke through the base and wrap the fishing line around the rubble.

Well,there always a risk of killing what you frag.Scissors can be dull and tear instead of cut....a razor blade would be better.

I agree. razors only. rinse it with RO water to remove any oil that may be present on the blade first. good luck

-Doc

Good to hear!!! Actually I think gsp is probably the easiest lol I just ripped mine like paper dont know if thats the right or wrong way but it worked for me lol

Back