Between my zoas

Murph

Reefing newb
Got a small group of zoa's and they seem to be annoyed the last few days and I finally got a semi viewable pic of something that seems to be growing between them. Couldn't find anything similar when I googles zoa pests. Doesn't really look like nudi eggs. You can see it fairly clear in the pic with no arrows... It looks like it may even be branching at the top... Anyone seen anything similar?? thanks!

Attachments

• 100_6389111111.jpg
    100_6389111111.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 443
  • 100_6391111111.jpg
    100_6391111111.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 414
I tried stealing my wifes tweezers to grab it, but she vetoed that. I'm going to get some tomorrow and see if I can pull it off. It may be hard since my arms are short, but I'm hoping I can get a good look with a magnifying glass or something.

It looks like a sponge. You can grab it and pull it off. :)

But a sponge shouldn't be bothering zoas that much. Have you tried a coral dip on them?

I haven't tried dipping them... I did when they went in, but that was a while ago. I think I'm going to pull them out and tweeze it off and I'll give them a quick dip. I was hoping to do the work with them in the tank, but that's not going to be possible, so I'll definitely give them a quick dip while I've got them out. thanks.

Back