Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

"Call the Search and Rescue Team!"
All available units, please assemble in Tucson, Az. for a S&R.
Sarge, should I have the men saddle up the horses?
No son; this is a foot patrol
10-4, Sarge!

"Call the Search and Rescue Team!"
All available units, please assemble in Tucson, Az. for a S&R.
Sarge, should I have the men saddle up the horses?
No son; this is a foot patrol
10-4, Sarge!

I wish!

I am SO MAD right now. SO MAD. :frustrat:

I just spend an hour and a half removing half the rocks from the side of the tank that those zoas were on. In the process, I sliced open my right hand with the razor blade on my magfloat, I detached half a dozen corals that were previously glued down and happy, and I squashed another half a dozen. I turned off all the powerheads and got a flashlight as far back as I could see...

All that for NOTHING! Still no blue zoas! WTF?!?! Where are they? The rock was about half the size of my fist -- and heavy. There's no way it could have moved to the other side of the tank -- nothing on the other side was moved or disturbed. It has to be down in the farthest back, deepest part of the tank. The part that I can't possibly get to.

I'm afraid I'm having to call off the search. I'm devastated! Those zoas were SO PRETTY! And I paid a lot for them! So now I'm waiting for my hand to stop bleeding. URGH. Sometimes I hate this hobby.

The good news is I cleaned off the glass with the razor blade before I injured myself, and I'm waiting for Parrotchute's zoas to open up again after they have been disturbed, then I'll get pics of them.

:grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:

Oh and of course the rocks NEVER FIT back the way they did before so now everything looks different and I have to find new spots for all my previously happy corals that are now scattered about the sand.

NDB is the one that should be sorry. He's the one that's going to get yelled at when he gets home!! Hahahaha. Ahhhh... Life partners. They are our punching bags when we are angry.

Great looking tank Biff....I'm hoping to have a tank one day that is close to that level...I cannot even get the rocks right without moving them let alone looking for lost items....My fiance has never had a tank or been with someone that is "fanatical" about one...it will be interesting to see how she takes it..luckily (for me) she is very open and loving...

jim

She must be standing behind Aveda while he's typing. She's loving right now. Just wait until he drops $1000 on some lights Piratefish style.:D

Haha! oh man that is cracking me up!

Biff, that sucks! I don't get how they can just go missing like that...so crazy! But at least the blood isn't bad for your fish...they could live in it!

I still can't seem to fix the white balance on my camera to my new lights... I'll have to meddle with it some more.

Okay remember those near-death corals I picked up 2 weeks ago?

This is what they looked like then:

002-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

And now!

013-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

:D A little TLC is paying off!

Hard to get a good angle of this one... This is an orange monti that Parrotchute sent me. I have it at the top of my tank. Hopefully it will grow quickly! My other orange monti is a beast of a grower.

007-4.jpg

These are the acans he sent me. They did not ship well. :( I'm keeping them at the bottom for now. The polyps still have quite a bit of flesh on them, and the acans that I've had in the past that have looked like that have grown back pretty quickly and pretty nicely. I'm confident these guys will see their glory days once again. :lol:

020-1.jpg

That plate next to them looks awesome. :O

Thanks, I've historically had bad luck with plates. But I've had this guy for 4 months or so, and he's doing great! Here's a shot of him before I changed my bulbs, when I had the white balance on my camera worked out. Unlike now. :(

032.jpg

Back