Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

The good news is, I finally found the right color setting on my camera for my new bulbs! The bad news is, a lot of these pics are kinda blurry. I am not quite sure how to fix that. I focus and focus and focus again, and they keep coming out blurry. I use a tripod, and I don't. Blurry. Ugh.

Here are all the corals that Parrotchute (Alex) sent me. They all survived and are looking good. The acans are in kind of shabby shape, but are definitely recovering and will look great when I am through with them :). The only thing that did not make it was an orange monti. But that's okay, I have a really nice, fast growing orange monti I will be happy to share with him when he gets back! Most of what he sent are zoas, and he sent me several very LARGE zoa rocks. Very impressive! He also sent me two very nice neon green toadies. They look fantastic! I started a little leather garden in the center of my tank -- and now I finally have my very own penis coral too! Woohoo.

Okay, here are the pics.

003-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

014-4.jpg

017-1.jpg

018.jpg

020-2.jpg

033.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

040-2.jpg

042-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

049.jpg

058.jpg

Cool looking stuff, Biff. Love all the different zoas.

One thing you've probably figured out about the focus is that typically, even with what looks like "flat" glass, you need to shoot as straight through as possible. Once you start shooting at angles it gets hard to focus. If you ARE shooting straight, maybe your shutter speed is too low, introducing movement of the corals or camera movement.

Biff,When you focus your camera,stop the instant the pic in the view finder if clear.If you try to take it any farther or fine tune it,the shot will be blurry every time.
Dont use the screen on back either,use the viewfinder.
BTW
Those are some super nice corals.:D

I want to eventually have some rocks like that with different zoanthid's mixed on them, I think it looks so cool with the different colors all sprinkled together

Quite the collection of zoas Biff!

Let me get this straight Biff...you are only babysitting the corals.Are you getting to frag/keep some of Parrot's corals.I still want that toadie,damn it!

Man, Chute had a nice selection of stuff going on in his tank...I can't seem to get my zoas to spread, paly's no problem zoas not so much. They all open up, they look healthy but I want them to spread across my rocks and I''m losing patience. Nice stuff Biff, get those things nice and healthy and you're gonna end up with some great frags by the time Chute is back.

Actually, the deal is she can keep the main colonies, as long as I get some frags back! I just need enough to seed my new tank after the fact.

PRC, if the zoas aren't spreading, you might want to try playing with where they are located. I've had zoas' growth explode just by changing their light level. Some prefer deep water vs. shallow water.

Biff, thanks for the shots, they look great!!!! Are the Duncans out yet? What about the acans?

I think those long-tentacled multicolored palys are going to grow pretty fast, in 2 weeks I had gotten 2 new babies.

Back