Biff's Seahorse Tank

Yay! I'm excited for the pictures!
I was in Petsmart earlier today getting dog food. I saw your tank! It's bigger than it looked in the pictures.

Yay! I'm excited for the pictures!
I was in Petsmart earlier today getting dog food. I saw your tank! It's bigger than it looked in the pictures.

Yeah, it is pretty big. That's why I'm thinking it's not really a 30 gallon as it is labeled. I know for sure it took more than 30 gallons to fill it up! I'm just too lazy to look up how to find the volume of half a cylinder. ;)

Biff, I'm thinking you look like you're not feeling well, YOU NEED TO GO HOME!!!!!

oh, and while you're there, take some pics of your new macro!!

C

Yeah, it is pretty big. That's why I'm thinking it's not really a 30 gallon as it is labeled. I know for sure it took more than 30 gallons to fill it up! I'm just too lazy to look up how to find the volume of half a cylinder. ;)

(.5) x (pi) x (radius of the tank)^2 x (height of the tank)

oh, and while you're there, take some pics of your new macro!!

Yes! Pics!! :mrgreen:

Well I ordered 19 pieces of macroalgae, but there were only 7 in the box... I'm not sure how that works. I've got an email in to Reef Cleaners to see what's up with all the missing macro... :grumble:

Well I ordered 19 pieces of macroalgae, but there were only 7 in the box... I'm not sure how that works. I've got an email in to Reef Cleaners to see what's up with all the missing macro... :grumble:

thats really blows.

but where are the pictures to the 7 pieces....?:mrgreen:

is the tank acrylic or glass?

This is what I ordered (19 total):

Penny Macro Algae
10 Macro Frag Special
Gracilaria
Dictyota ciliolata
Halimeda (Money Plant)
Liagora
Manatee Grass
Oar Grass
Red Gracilaria
Ulva

This is what I received: (7) :(

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

I recognize the halimeda and the ulva, but I don't know what the others are.

Second from the bottom is oar grass, third from top if Mantee grass(You basically just got a portion of the root, which is no uncommon for shipping seagrasses they tend to die off to the root after shipping anyhow), 5 from the top is the Red Gracilaria... I think.

And I think the bottom pic might be the Dictyota ciliolata but it's hard to tell if you could pull it out a bit I could probably tell.

Back