Biff's Seahorse Tank

Wow, those look wild caught to me. He gives NO information about where they came from. They don't look very happy. I really hope they don't have to spend much time in that horrid cage he's got them in.

C

I will take pics of the tank tonight, and again when I get the rest of my macro in.

I'm also going to order some sponges and gorgs from TBS tonight.

I think I'm going to try out my 70 watt MH before I buy a 150 watt MH. To see if it lights it up okay.

BTW, I'm getting really impatient with this cycling thing. Is there any way to speed it up? The tank has been running for about a week now. I've been adding food to it when I feed my 90. I heard that if I add some StressZyme, I can skip the cycle. Is this true? I don't want to wait anymore. If I add some StressZyme, can I order the seahorses tomorrow? :lol:

Last edited:
Biff, you're going to LOVE the TBS sponges, gorgs, and macro! It will add tons of color and fill your tank. Be sure to get the orange tree spongs (maybe 2) and the candelabra gorg. My horses live on the candelabra.

The sponges and gorgs, like your horses, are not big on light. You won't need to get kick butt lights for this tank. TBS has one macro that I'm totally in love with and I don't know the name. I'll shoot mine this evening so you can be sure to get it.

Catherine

I just placed an order with TBS. I ordered one each of their sponges, gorgs and one of their "plants" (whatever that means). Plus some random CUC to spread amongst my tanks.

I'm going to visit my two LFSs today to see if they have any gorgs and sponges as well (not likely). I figure whatever I buy can wait in the 90 until the seahorse tank is done cycling. Or, you know, I'll just dip them in StressZyme before I add them to the tank... That'll do the trick. :shock:

Biff I paid a visit to Dan's yesterday and he was very low on stuff, so he said. He did look low but I still managed to find 4 things to spend money on.

He stated that he was getting a lot of stuff in today, so you may be in luck!

Biff I paid a visit to Dan's yesterday and he was very low on stuff, so he said. He did look low but I still managed to find 4 things to spend money on.

He stated that he was getting a lot of stuff in today, so you may be in luck!

Hooray! Thanks for the info. I have not seen SEA carry any sponges or gorgs, and as much as I like Mike, I have a hard time stomaching their prices. Dan of SWSW always goes out of his way to help me and find me what I need -- including my pipefish!! I've seen gorgs and sponges there quite frequently, so hopefully he will have some today!

I want to get some more leathers too -- I have a lot of leathers in my 90, but am unsure if I want to move them over or not. The leathers will be good for the seahorse tank.

Back