Biggest Skimmer Ever!

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
Well, I don't know if it's the biggest ever. But it's definitely the biggest I've ever seen. I couldn't fit it all into 1 pic.... It's gotta be 6.5' tall.

Backstory, I had to work today and was running early for an appointment, I had about an hr. to kill and went on lfslocator and stoppped in....Made me want a bigger tank.:D

Had to take some pics so everyone could see it.

Attachments

• skimmer1.jpg
    skimmer1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 398
  • skimmer2.jpg
    skimmer2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 420
  • skimmer3.jpg
    skimmer3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 399
Thats a beauty! Any idea on who made it? Looks like it might be one of the Bermuda commercial series.

It's custom made...I talked to the guy at the LFS, he said a guy that they deal with makes them...obviously much smaller ones...They are nice looking skimmers. It's got a weird name on it.

In the 2nd pic. is the logo...I've never heard of the company..I think it's a small oneman operation making custom stuff for us freaks.

It skims the enitre store!!.......They may even have it hooked up to do the carpet cleaning and wash the windows.:D

I wasn't smart enough to look up the name earlier...The name on them is "Bash Sea". Again, never heard of them nothing shows up on Google...Here's what I think, the area that the store is located is where alot of engineers for the Big 3 live...I'll bet one of them is a reefer and designed these things for a sideline business.

These things look bad-ass in real life..they are not some piece of plastic garbage. You can tell they're really well built.

Here's the link from the store.

BashSea TWISTED 6" x 30" Beckett Skimmer: Amazon Stingrays and Aquarium Supplies

Beckett Skimmers are the heat IF you have the time to mess with them regularly. They get out of whack every couple of days and need to be fine tuned.

That LFS locator lists 3 stores for Tucson. Two of them closed down over a year ago, and the third moved about a year and a half ago to a different location. I wonder how often it's updated? Not very often, I think.

I don't know, mine has always been pretty accurate. I've never looked but I wonder if you can update it like wikipedia.

Beckett Skimmers are the heat IF you have the time to mess with them regularly. They get out of whack every couple of days and need to be fine tuned.

These Beckett Skimmers by BashSea almost never need adjusting. The large one pictured is in our store. Once set, we've not had to readjust it at all. I find them much easier to set and remain set then most skimmers.

Pat
Amazon Stingrays

That's a big skimmer, but not the biggest I've experienced. There is this LFS call That Pet That Fish Place in Lancaster, PA. They have 2 or 3 skimmers that are at least 12-15 feet tall. They also have phosphate reactors that are about as big as the skimmer you have pictured. Their SW section is a small warehouse.

Back