Bin or not to bin is the question

tboyd

Reefing newb
Hi all,

I have just received some Yellow Sarco soft coral and unfortunatly it did not arrive overnight it took approx 48hrs and to me it did not look to good, but the supplier said it looked ok by the photo and should be ok in a day or two and to makesure I have a strong water current on it. When I placed the coral in the path of a power head it immidetaly began to fall a part, small pieces peeling off it. It still has color in it, with some parts look to be turning black and the stem appears to have been damaged from shipping with a cut/puncher. I have attached pic but it does not show the damage to stem. Picture 2411.jpg

Is it worth seeing how the coral goes or should I just biff it and demand a refund or replacement.

Appreciate comments on this. Thank you

That looks like a leather coral to me.Do you have a link to where you ordered it?
If its coming apart,its gone.

That's a toadstool leather (sarcophyton.sp). It doesn't look dead to me. They will slough off skin occasionally. I would put it on the bottom of your tank in low flow and see how it does. If it starts to disentegrate, toss it out.

I purchased it from the following site. It is on the second row from the bottom under the corals tab. http://www.aussieaquariumcorals.com.au/index.html

Have quarantined coral and will see how it is in the morning but think it is disintegrating unfortunately.

Normally corals are shipped by courier, this time it was not, which let to it not being overnight delivery.

thank you so much for your advise.

Back