bioload

Wow, in a 53 you are definitely over doing it! 12 fish? your just waiting to crash. Please take out all but one blenny and the 3 chromis. I dont think they should be there.

No, i think tangs need 6 feed bare minimum space. You can put some of then in the shorter tanks, but i dont think they should be kept in that small space for life. The hippo tangs need at least 8 foot long tangs. Rabbits also need larger tanks, such as 90 gal.

No, i think tangs need 6 feed bare minimum space. You can put some of then in the shorter tanks, but i dont think they should be kept in that small space for life. The hippo tangs need at least 8 foot long tangs. Rabbits also need larger tanks, such as 90 gal.

Lot's of people successfully keep tangs in 4 foot tanks. And hippo tangs only need 6 feet.

Foxfaces need 75 gallons. Other rabbitfish need 100 to 180 gallons.

blennies i caught and so was the wrasse fish ...ill keep the clown and chromis and maybe get a tang or somethin down the track
Heres the deal. Watch your water quality, if it heads south, your going to scramble pretty hard to keep up. But it can be done.

I don't really want to reference RC Brian. And personally a Hippo Tang would be fine in a 6' tank. I have had one for some time now, and they really don't need the back and forth swim room. They kinda just check the rock for algea and hide. Few other tangs need the bigger tank though. JMO

I don't really want to reference RC Brian. And personally a Hippo Tang would be fine in a 6' tank. I have had one for some time now, and they really don't need the back and forth swim room. They kinda just check the rock for algea and hide. Few other tangs need the bigger tank though. JMO

You don't have to reference it then, but I agree with all but one of their recommendations.

Back