BL1's 75g upgrade

Well, here's the new setup under the tank. I'm really liking all the space, the stand is 8 feet long and 44 inches tall so I've got a ton of room to work with. Since I moved the ATO hasn't really been working right and most days I have to top it off myself, I've gotta make some time this weekend to fix that. Also, my original plan was to make the doors for it but, since then I've been thinking my living room needs more seating so I'm just going to buy another couch to put in front of the stand. Unfortunately, money's tight this close to Christmas so that probably won't happen till January.

NewStand-5060.jpg

Just for size reference, my sump is a 55g and the ATO is a 10g tank.

Brian, I love that sump set up, it's so clean looking. For some reason, a messy sump really stresses me out! What's the small tank on the left? Maybe in the meantime, you could use a piece of heavy fabric to block off the sump?

Brian, I love that sump set up, it's so clean looking. For some reason, a messy sump really stresses me out! What's the small tank on the left? Maybe in the meantime, you could use a piece of heavy fabric to block off the sump?

Thanks Alex, the only reason it's so clean is the amount of space it has. The small tank on the left is my ATO, above that I plan on mounting reactors on the back wall. And the right side I'm going to build some shelves in for food, additives, test kits etc.

The fabric idea is great, that'll actually work perfectly!

it is really neat.. I remember back in the day mine started that way.. I am sure you will enjoy having all the extra room for some extra goodies..

Glad the fabric idea might work! I'd suggest trying to find something like muslin fabric - it's a little heavy and durable, and would probably muffle noise fairly well.

It's been a while since I've updated ... I changed up my rockwork and coral placement just a little. Also added some GSP and a candy cane colony.

Living Room side
21Jan12LRFTS-5591.jpg

Kitchen side
21Jan12KitFTS-5612.jpg

21Jan12LRCorals-5593.jpg

21Jan12GSP-5618.jpg

Well, my tank's coming down soon but my LFS called me today and had picked something up for me so I went down to see what he had gotten me ....

DSC_0375C.jpg

I've been waiting for almost a year and he finally got me a male/female pair of potter's!

Back