BL1's 75g upgrade

Hmm... :scratchch

What can you keep before you have to change out the bulbs for better ones?

Just about all the corals I have now are the same ones I started the tank with. You'll be able to keep all the same corals with the stock bulbs but, you won't get the same coloring, growth, or general health you will with better bulbs.

Thanks Amber! I didn't think it was possible but, I stare at my tank even more with the new setup.

I bet! I have my fresh tank on my kitchen bar so I stare while I cook, my reef is right next to my couch so I stare while "watching tv" and my seahorse tank is next to my desk so I stare while I do my homework
So I am covered pretty much everywhere I go now with fishes of some sort LOL

My boyfriend will be like hey lets watch a movie and then he yells at me for staring at my tank or because i get up 10 times to rescue a snail from my urchin or fix a fallen coral or scrape the glass LOL :sfish:

I have a couple questions... First off, what color bulbs are you running, and how many pounds of rock do you have?

I have a couple questions... First off, what color bulbs are you running, and how many pounds of rock do you have?

MH I've got 2 14k XM bulbs
T5 I've got 2 ATI Actinic, 1 ATI purple plus and 1 ATI blue plus.

I'm not really sure how much rock I've got, it's somewhere between 150-180 pounds now.

I ended up moving quite a few corals today. I'm not sure if it's been because they didn't like where they were set or the new salt I switched to but, a lot of my corals have been looking a little rough recently.

I took this last night, my zoa colony has been hosting my clowns recently and they're not looking as good since. I'm trying to find a nice nem for them but, it's been a difficult search, to say the least.
SleepyClowns.jpg

Today my clown was trying to pull poop out of my nems mouth
ClownRockFlower.jpg

Great shots! So vivid...
How long have you had the magnificent foxface? I want one, but my LFS says that they can be a little less hardy on initial acclimation than the regular foxfaces.

mmm.... poop....

Looks awesome!!
Thanks Hannah!
Great shots! So vivid...
How long have you had the magnificent foxface? I want one, but my LFS says that they can be a little less hardy on initial acclimation than the regular foxfaces.
Thanks Alex! It was actually a year ago on the 29th that I got him. I got him from DD, he was a little stressed from shipping but, I did a normal acclimation for him and everything. He was super skiddish for a long time but just recently started attacking the algae clip with my hand still on it. If they are less hardy initially, I can say without a doubt once established, they are incredibly tough, mine made it through a 5 day power outage, a 10 degree temp drop, and no water circulation without even missing a beat.

quick question brian, how do you take tank pics, i have a cannor rebel and i have to put the flash on to get a pic, and when i do it makes everything yellow.... so what do you do for lighting?

quick question brian, how do you take tank pics, i have a cannor rebel and i have to put the flash on to get a pic, and when i do it makes everything yellow.... so what do you do for lighting?

I use a Nikon D5000, I don't do anything special. I take my pics either using the auto or aperture priority setting, I don't do anything special for lighting my tank lights are really bright. After I fix the white balance and sometimes the exposure in Lightroom.

alright, but the shutter goes slow in a room with just my tank lights on, thanks. but i should get to bed i have school tomorrow O.o

Back