black and white occelaris? onyx percs?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I have your standard everyday occelaris clown in my tank, Shampoo. Unfortunately conditioner died a few months back, and he/she has been alone since. I really want a black/white occelaris, or an onyx perc. Will either of these pair up with my current occelaris, or do I have to get rid of him and get a new pair?

if they do pair and have fry then you should try your hardest to get those fry to hatch and survive cause you could get some kool looking clowns from those two

Black and white clowns are genetically altered version of percula or ocellaris.They say it's okay to mix false perculas,percula and black/white clowns since they are just a variation of the same fish.Nothing is a guarantee in this hobby,you have a good chance it will work.

I seen other threads were a black/white were paired with either a false or true percs.

I only have tried it once at the early start of my fish career. I tried to keep an ocellaris and a perc together. the perc kicked the hell out of the ocellaris in about 3 hours and it was dead. I have given up with that thought. Hope you have better luck

-Doc

Back