Blue Throat Triggerfish update

SoccerPro522

Reefing newb
Trig is starting to come out and is comfortable with me around but he still doesnt like other people and for some strange reason he doesnt come out when i have a red or yellow shirt on it really weird.:sfish:​

I've never had a fish tell me that mthey cant see colors.:D
Its good to hear that he's getting settled in.

OMG this sucks, Trig jumped out of the tank while i was turned around adding vitamins to the fish food and when i got him back he seemed to be struggling. I came down this morning and found him dead and covered in hermits.

I am thinking about getting one of these fish - thanks for posting SoccerPro as I was not aware Bluethroats were jumpers. I will have to make sure my back canopy screens are perfect before purchasing one of these. Any other comments/experiences about this fish would be great.

I have a mixed 90 with a 30 refugium/sump underneath, a G3 modified skimmer, I run bulk reef supplies GFO/carbon, have VHO/T5 lights, A lot of live rock in sump and refugium with a 2-3 inch live sand bed in display and 3-4 inches in refugium. Thinking about adding a ozone setup as well. Sorry to hear about your loss.

They are great you should get one they are so cool and mostly reef safe but it depends on the individual and they are the funniest fish to watch.Just make sure you "lid" is tight and strong because im guessing he had a good jump cuse he was pretty far away and a lot of water was on the floor

Yep - going to take the plunge- saltwater.com has one for $59.99. Hopefully, it will be healthy- the best I can doing locally is 89.99 and it is a female. Other websites either don't have one or are even more expensive with shipping.

Yep - going to take the plunge- saltwater.com has one for $59.99. Hopefully, it will be healthy- the best I can doing locally is 89.99 and it is a female. Other websites either don't have one or are even more expensive with shipping.

I wouldnt count on ANYTHING from saltwater.com being healthy.

I've heard they also like to ship without heat packs,could be a problem up here in the north at nightime......Good luck..I never bought online mainly because of the stories i've heard about them......plus my little LFS needs all the buisness he can get.

Ya- very nervous about it- but no real choice if I want this fish. Maybe waiting until it warms up would be prudent. NO locals have this fish ( found only a female)- maybe I will ask to special order a male and then see what they would charge. I would certainly pay more for it= $100 locally. But not that same price and then shipping from a internet place. So, back to saltwater.com

Are you talking about saltwaterfish.com? If so DON'T DO IT. Just do a search for saltwaterfish.com on this site and you'll see why. They owe several people on this site (myself included) several hundreds of dollars because more often than not your livestock arrives dead, and they make it impossible to use the "store credit" they give you for it (they put these conditions on it), and so you just basically keep sending them money, and they keep sending you dead fish with no way to get your money back.

They are one of the biggest online scams in this hobby, IMO and should not be supported. If you buy from them, prepare to just lose your money.

Back