Brief Intro

Thats definitely good advice! I am still deciding what exactly to put in there, I have about a week to decide before I actually put anything in it. I am thinking of starting with the Clean Up Crew then going from there. Any suggestions on what the CUC should consist of (How many cleaner shrimp can safely be housed in the tank together, what crabs are safe, etc. I really like the decorator Crab as well but again I get mixed feedback on them.)

Robb

Just start out with 2 or 3 snails,an emerald crab,maybe a hermit or 2.You can always add more CUC if you need to,but you dont want to start with so many that half of em starve to death.
You could have 4 or 5 cleaner shrimp if you want em.They dont count toward the bio-load because they scavange for waste and left over fish food,along with any parasites the fish might have.
Stay away from the decorator crabs if you want corals.

So after a little more research I have come up with my tank list. Here it is, let me know if there are any objections lol advice is always welcome.

3 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Bumblebee snails
1 nassarius snail
2 clown fish
Probably just some form of Xenia or mushroom Coral further down the road.

I have kept it pretty basic and simple so that it is used more for getting some experience than anything else. That way when I am able to buy a larger tank I have a bit more of a clue as to what I need done.

Robb

Thanks again for the advice! I Really appreciate all of the help so far. I am going to begin to add a clean up crew in the next few days, I did another water test this morning and everything seems perfect still. PH 8.0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 0, Ammonia 0, Calcium 420, and salinity 1.024. So I can probably start to add a small CUC. I will let you know how it works out, hopefully there will be no problems.

Robb

Back