bristle worms

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Is it weird that I don't have any (at least that I'm aware of) bristleworms? I have spaghetti worms and other kinds, but have never seen a bristle in my tank.

Throw a little bit of food in after lights out. They will be all over it if they are in there. If you don't have any yet, you will. They are a pretty common hitch hiker.

or you could be dumb (and unlucky) like me, and put your hand in the tank after lights out to adjust some rock.... and get stung by one of those suckers.

ow. Second thought, don't do that. Go with mng's idea :D

i have one that is almost a foot long and i only seee it once or twice a year.and it about as big around as a pencil

Or take a flashlight and stare at the sand very hard after lights have been out for a while and you will see a few, they're very small at first, but will grow with time to daughtry's worm size.....

i've got a buttload too. and i think i have at least one monster... i'm staring at the tank the other night with a flashlight and the sand was moving.... and i mean moving. an area of sand about 2 inches across was moving up and down. friggin sea monsters

I have never been stung by one. I always use forceps when I handle the buggers. I do occasionally take the opportunity to remove one if it presents itself, but never with my bare hands.

Hey what do you do if they get to big for the tank, do you just tank them out and flush umm or do you let em be? Just a newbie question.....lol
Sorry, meant to hit quote, so you get an free thanks. I pull them out when they get big enough that I don't want to look at them anymore. I usually throw them in the food disposer, I figure it's the quickest way to end them without wasting good vodka. :mrgreen:

Back