Brittany's teeny tiny reef!

Looking good! Glad to hear the fuge is up and running too I love DIY projects! I think once your chaeto starts really taking off you will see a huge difference.

I know. Im dealing with about every nuisance algae there is right now :(

I can feel ya. It truely sucks!!

I second this when I did my water change Monday I let the drain hose suck off all that red slime cyano stuff i did not have much but hay its still there. I think I will always battle this stuff since my tank crash.:grumble: nuisance algae sucks :(.

But i have to say the before and after shots awesome great work Britt :Cheers:

Another thing that would help out is to add another powerhead. As Yote always says, "if the water is sloshing out you do not have too much current." The more current the lesser amount of dead spots in the tank which would prevent the red slime from forming and attaching.

Another thing that would help out is to add another powerhead. As Yote always says, "if the water is sloshing out you do not have too much current." The more current the lesser amount of dead spots in the tank which would prevent the red slime from forming and attaching.

Indeed make me wish I had the mp-10 right now LOL

Hmm I have the aqua clear 70 filter and a koralia 240 in there right now. It seems to be just the right flow for the corals and fish. I do have another koralia 240 that I'm not using. Should I put that in there? I feel like the fish would be struggling with the flow and the corals would be whipping around..

I think what you have for flow should be good. It's not just about how many power heads you have but how strategically they are placed within the tank. Maybe try repositioning what you first?

I cant really move the filter but I did move around the powerhead. I have it pointed towards the rocks so that it gets dispersed throughout the whole tank. We will see how that goes first.

I cant really move the filter but I did move around the powerhead. I have it pointed towards the rocks so that it gets dispersed throughout the whole tank. We will see how that goes first.

yeah I'm not going to do much with the mower heads due to the MP10 coming in soon I just hate spending time working out my flow paths to only do it all over again when I get the MP10 in the tank lol.

really enjoyed following this post so far its really come together sorry about the cyano outbreak same thing happened to my cousins tank he cut down on feeding changed light schedule and borrowed a sea hare and that seemed to work great for him but watching your 10g reminds me how i definitely cant wait for my 20g high to cycle

Okay sooo I just did a water change and pulled off all the dead red slime. Let me tell you that was nasty. It just peeled right off. Anyways it looks much better now. Here is still some slime I missed so I think I will go ahead and treat once more to kill whatever is left over. The fuge seems to be doing well. I took a look in there and the cheato is still green. Now that the red slime is gone I hope the cheato takes off growing. Now the only problem I have is euphyllia bugs infesting my lps corals. Im thinking of getting some interceptor and treating the whole tank with it. I will have to remove my snails and hermits and cheato so they don't die but hopefully it will kill off those pesky little buggers. Soo that's my update for now. I'll show you a before and after pic to show you how much red slime there was and now isn't.

Before
dada5cf8.jpg

After
6d00d5ef.jpg

Wooow!! Very nice tank.

I may have been slacking on updating my thread. All my time has been spent on the 93g lately. Nothing really new in the tank.

Temp 80
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10
Sg 1.025
Ph 8.0

Corals
Two brains
Yellow polyps
Zoanthids
Took frogspawns out
Green nepthea