Bug, Spiral and scary thing

TBrewerton

Reefing newb
Hey everyone I have 3 ID's if any one has any info.

The first ID is of the bug at the top - there are literally millions in my tank now - they are everywhere - there are two types that are simialr but different and quite often fight killing each other off - leaving bugs floating through my tank haha

The second ID is the Spiral in the centre of the photo - these have also multiplied by the hundreds - mainly along the back wall of my tank they are also very tiny as you can see if you compare it to the grains of sand at the base of the photo

tbrewerton-albums-coral-picture2025-ids.jpg

The third ID I cant get a photo of as its quick small and hides well - I have only seen it a couple of times it reminds me of a centipede but microscopic - It looks like it has millions of little legs down its side but moves like a caterpillar. It can also stretch out into a thin string like texture where it just looks like a strand of hair. Its not until it retracts again that you can make out the detail..... Its not a coral or anything as it moves around the tank - Ive seen it in a few different places - this is actually what i was trying to photograph above but it was in the sand before i could get the focus...

Anyway if anyone can help with the ID's of any of the three items it would be great!

Cheers

The "bug" I think are pods which are good. Natural fish food for your fish. Pods come in various sizes. The worm thing sounds like a bristle worm but I cant really tell in the photo. Bristle worms are good scavengers in the tank. Its very hard to tell in your photo but I dont really see anything bad.

Awesome thanks :-) I didnt think any were a problem except maybe the worm - makes me nervous to put my hand in the tank now haha

Anyways cheers to both of you!

Back