can we use foam in our tanks.

Thanks mate!
make sure if your going to try it that you add alot of wieght to the foam ...it float like crazy...add pvc pipes,rocks..or if your tank if empty.put the eggcrate inside the tank glue the eggcrate and add the foam .and ones your done with the foam add sand or crush coral or rocks...let it sit for 8 hrs..
problems i had did not add that much weight i made the wall out side of the tank and to put it in i had to cut it.
and remember the faom puffs up alot....good luck guys ...it looks really nice try it.

New pict.
IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

It's looking really good chuysvt. Thanks for the heads up on the weight and such. We don't have that brand (great stuff) here is Australia so I'll need to trial one of our brands. Did the sand easily stick to the foam? Did you put the sand on while it was still a bit wet?

Very, very cool dude. It turned out looking awesome.

This looks like it would be a great way to hide plumbing or powerheads.

Keep us posted!

ok so this is what im going, im take off the foam wall and do some crazy rock work with foam and my rock..will start on the project tomorrow will post pic to show what crazy thing im doing now lolol..

Way cool video! Thanks for sharing. I found an australian version. I think I will use it with some PVC piping and make some natural looking tunnels and such...
I'd like to see your new pics when you do them.

My LFS has used Great Stuff foam in their tanks for years. They use it on the backs to make a rock wall. It always looks greats, and looks completely natural once some corals are stuck to it.

Back