Catherine's Photo Gallery

Wednesday:

4154439752_c022d8d28d.jpg

4154439732_1539c38ab8.jpg

Just one again tonight. Been horsing around with Lightroom.

This is a shot of some of the new macro algae I got yesterday. That orange is true color. Wondering if that's the color it changes when it dies or will it stay that way? Hope it stays 'cause I really like it!

4161466960_bba92f6f84.jpg

Got a few today:

First, This is some of my new Macro Algae: Sargassum. Played with my macro lens:

4162758801_d7177d13dd.jpg

Next more macro Algae: Red Grape:

4163518676_01de22340e.jpg

Here's some Padina and some Chaeto: What's that snail doing in the background?

4163518724_736cd6b8d7.jpg

This is a test of a new photographic technique I'm trying to learn. It's a failure shot but I think we should celebrate our failures.

4163518636_31f3f75157.jpg

Last, a shell my daughter brought back from her band trip to Florida:

4162758753_f9f76c15d5.jpg

I know it's redundant to keep writing the same stuff. I don't know if you guys want me to keep posting. Can you do a "thumbs up" or +1 or something if you like it? (or thumbs down if you don't)

Thanks,
Catherine

How much do you alter them with Lightroom?

Before the "shroom" shot I was just trying to get myself back into the habit of shooting and posting each day. The past few days I've been re-educating myself and trying to learn some new technologies in processing so most of those have a good bit of work done to them. I use Lightroom for most of my processing and Photoshop for clean-up if it needs some extra work.

Catherine

Will your class teach the techniques of using Photoshop and Lightroom? I don't have Lightroom and bought Photoshop and never could figure it out whatsoever. :(

Photoshop is intense if you don't have the work-flow down. If you are a photographer and you can pick only one of those two programs definitely go with Lightroom. What version of Photoshop do you have? I was going to cover Photobucket editing techniques since that's what most people have on this forum but I can help you with Photoshop. We can meet in a chatroom and I can walk you through a good basic photo-editing technique in about 45 mins. After that, I can point you toward some free online tutorials that will walk you through intermediate and advanced techniques. Just opening a shot in Photoshop is difficult if you don't know the steps.

How's the camera search coming along?

Catherine

Lovely as always, Catherine! ^^^^^^^^This is one of the best, almost perfect compostition if you follow the 'rule'

Okay something doesn't look real with that one. The fish looks 'placed' onto the picture.

He's really there. He's hosting in those 'shrooms since I moved him to the 55 gallon. Now that I look at it, he kind of does look photoshopped in but I didn't do it. It was originally shot landscape the blue on the bottom is really the back of the tank. Hmmmmm....

Catherine

Back