Chad's 46 gallon bowfront

Thank ya thank ya! I'm going to order 30-50 more pounds from John and ask for smaller pieces. Then I think I will be able to create several deep caves. I would also like to copy you and on one corner build all the way up to the top. I think I have a crush on you after reading your thread and watching your video! HA!

I hear ya. Well I'll see what I can come up with when the other rock gets here. I think I may be adding a 6 line wrasse next week if I can find one!

Oh really? I can add him last, its no big deal. I just saw a few videos and they seem to be exciting fish to watch. I just don't want my first fish to be a real boring one ya know? Because I plan to wait a month in between adding them.

Why dont you start with a pair of clowns? They are great beginner fish and are so full of goofy behavior you will be entertained for hours

Yep clowns are goof balls. I think my female clown is testing out different sleeping spots. For the past week she has been in a different spot. Usually she sleeps next to the powerhead.

Yep clowns are goof balls. I think my female clown is testing out different sleeping spots. For the past week she has been in a different spot. Usually she sleeps next to the powerhead.

I can't wait! You wouldn't believe how long I sat and watched my snails last night...I can only imagine how much time will be spent in front of the tank when I get a few fishies and some coral!

New things growing on my rocks! I'm not sure what they are or if they are bad! help please!

Attachments

• mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 271
  • mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 274
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 264
could you use photobucket? if you do that and copy the img code it will let us to see them larger. there really small and i cant see anything.

attempt #2. And Im curious about the green things growing on the rock. and also, is the purple hair like stuff bad?

Attachments

• 2012-01-23 18.06.37.jpg
    2012-01-23 18.06.37.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 256
purple stuff looks like cyano, which should be addressed through nutrient export. The green stuff looks like a type of macro algae, usually not a bad thing but it depends on the exact species.

nutrient export is how you remove nutrients from the water so that you dont provide fuel for ugly algae or cyano.

The best way to do this is by doing regular water changes. You should also feed less, and dont overstock your tank. You can also buy a things like skimmer that help remove particles from the water before they can rot to feed the algae.

Back