check every hole!!

RigoSharon

LIVING REEFS INTERN
hello guys.. today i was reefing..( again)..i found a beutifull rock with polyps on it...very nice....i put it in my bucket for later check...when i was checking the rocks ..to see wich one ill choose and wich ones to put back in the ocean i took the piece i was talking about before..there was a little cave..i always check hole by hole..there it was ..so ugly.. a green huge manthis..i took a piece of fine steel..and began a figth to take it out..finally i won and crush the bastard...but somting in my mind said keep looking at that little hole..deep in it were the manthis was..i saw hundreds..i dont know if im exagerating...of little round green eggs..a manthis nest..so if i didnt check twice that hole ill probably had hundreds of manthis in my tank..figure...to be shure i put that beautifull rock back to the ocean...whats the morale of the story..allways check every hole when buying frags and rocks..rinse it well and check hole by hole...never knows when one of this little bastard is hitch hicking....thanks!!!:helm2:

That would have been bad.

Lucky you found it before hand.

Than again, you are lucky either way, you have access to hand picking coral.

heres another one guys..a few days ago i started to hear a chirping sound..i stare for hours in front of the tank but nothing...today i hear it again, i saw this green bastard hanging from a hole looking for its next meal!!..i guess my sea lettuce was his breakfast..
DSC02858.JPG

there some hermit shells that this murderer had in his cave..
heres the rock were it was hidden..a lot of escaping posibilities..too bad the predator became the pray!!!
DSC02859.JPG

now i know what yote must feel when a hunt comes succesfull...hhahaha

lmao, i had to come in here and see what this subject was about. i thought for a minute we had gotten off the subject of reefing. way to catch peoples attention rigo.:) i think i'll name the subject of my next post: do these look real? just to see how many views it gets. lol

The dreaded ''clicking sound''...glad you got Rigo,I hate mantis shrimps.
Now ''chirping'' is what birds do.LOL,thats ok though,your English is better than my Spanish.

I am just ashamed that nobody had said it yet, so I have to. check every hole, that's what she said! oh yes! okay well back t the subject now haha

yes i live near the beach..PR is a small island , theres a lot of reefing spots..i pick some frags from time to time..my own live rock etc, without harming the reef..today i was snorkling diving..i found some cool stuff..ill be posting pics tomorrow..i cant imagine myself living far from ocean..i dive almost three times a week etc....this is my home!!! hehehe

Back