check out my Goni

Doc

I don't work for anybody
there has been some talk and questions about Goniaporas lately. I took a couple pics to show what Gonis should look like. This is an encrusting Goni that is about 8 inches tall and just over 10 inches long with full polyp extension. It is a monster. I do not target feed it, but I do add coral plankton liquid a few times a week. Enjoy

PC140001-1.jpg

PC140002-1.jpg

-Doc

Thats beautiful Doc. :Cheers:

I want ONE!!

LFS has a purple one for $35, but it's a little big for my tank. It's about the size of a large grapefruit when fully extended.

Can they be fragged?

Thats beautiful Doc. :Cheers:

I want ONE!!

LFS has a purple one for $35, but it's a little big for my tank. It's about the size of a large grapefruit when fully extended.

Can they be fragged?

not without killing the main one, usually. if it is branching, you can snap off a branch. encrusting ones are the traditional "flower pot" are much tougher to frag. Just to be safe, you had best ask Dominick, he is the TRUE expert when it comes to gonis. I am a mere novice.

-Doc

Good comeback,sorta Doc.Serious,she is a beauty,you don't really see them that large for sale.

Fragging is dangerous to goni.Can it be done?Probably............but it doesn't take much tissue damage to cause an infection as someone else on the board can a test to.

nice goni.

talking about goni, my pink one that i got as a small frag from my LFS for free is starting to grow out. will post pic soon. and my baby gonis are also growing out and the mother just dropped another baby and one more is on the way.

I am a fan. it is 8 inches tall and 7 inches wide to add to the 10.5 long. it is truly a beast. I will soon have to make more room for it as it grows in my tank

-Doc

glad you approve. It was a tie between that and "hung like a navel orange". I prefer the visual of the GI Joe. Oh, and I did finally find that pic of me growing up as a child...

pwned_3.jpg

-Doc

I am glad you like it. It is one of my favorite corals in my tank.

You seem to find great joy in my getting burned. I am glad to see you have a good sense of humor. I quite enjoy the antics.

-Doc

Back