Chocolate chip starfish eats my pulsing xenias

skweiher

Reefing newb
I have a smaller pulsing xenia with 3 trunks, problem is our chcoclate chip starfish will lay on them and eat them down to nubbs, this has happened twice and each time they have recovered and regrown, but I have one that is now 3-4" tall and I am afraid that the starfish will do it again. Is there a way to prevent this without getting rid of either one?

Choco's will eat ANYTHING. I had one eat my anemone once... That sucker is going to have to go, they will ravage a reef tank.

im going to go with greenman. i would also say get rid of the pulsing zenia too. they grow like crazy and adventually your going to get sick of them too.alot of folks refer to them as weeds, but they do bring in good money per stock. around my area here, they pull in 45 a piece. Crazy

+2 on the star but as far as Xenia goes if you keep it isolated from your main rock pile you will be fine. I have never been able to keep Xenia alive it just melts away in my tank.

but they do bring in good money per stock. around my area here, they pull in 45 a piece. Crazy
WTF!? Crazy!

I have a bunch I am looking to prolly throw in the trash >_< they grew out of an unseeable hole and now are taking over the whole rock.... hinder to other corals around.

I wish I had known they eat xenia....I would have gotten a ChocoChipster years ago....I finally got the water pristine and the nasty pulsating plague eventually died off....

Back