Christmas comes early

scubacane

Reefing newb
With the approval of the boss (my wife) I have purchased a JBJ 28 gallon nano from nanotuners , upgraded with HQI lighting 186 watts, electronic ballast, arctica chiller and fuge light. Now I have to decide on live rock- dont have any good local sources and wanted to know if anyone has any online reccomendations for quality live rock? Also I plan to make the center back compartment a fuge rather than use the mechanical filtration system it comes with- I was thinking about just putting in dome live sand or coral rubble and stuffing it with chaeto. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Dustin....nice tagline....I just noticed!
You think those guys are pricey? I thought they looked like good quality for the money.
I like the fact that the rock comes from my local Gulf of Mexico from a manmade reef.

Side note: You going to MACNA in September? Any thoughts on this event?

im trying to find a way to get there, not very many workshops that sound interesting though, but i do like the back stage tour from the georgia aquarium and the fragging stuff from calfo. and yes it is expensive because my upgrade to a bigger tank will be in the over 200 gallon range so just look at those prices for "the package" then factor in shipping

Back