Clean Up Crew Pricing

drm180

Reefing newb
I was wondering how much I can expect to spend at a LFS on these animals. 10 nassaruis snails, 10 cerith snails, 5 dwarf blue legged hurmit crabs, and 3 peppermint shrimp. I can get them from liveaquaria.com for $60 and free shipping. The LFS I go to is a long ways away so I was wondering where the better price would be. Thanks.

Around here, you are looking at 30-40 bucks just for the peppermints.
And the nass are usually 4 for 10 bucks so 10 of them would be 25 there

So looks like liveaquaria is a better place.

I owuld call up the LFS and ask them thier prices. Find out which one is cheaper

Shrimp area cheaper here at $6 a piece, the snails go from $2-3 live aqauria seems to have you covered. I'd go there.

Around here, you are looking at 30-40 bucks just for the peppermints.
And the nass are usually 4 for 10 bucks so 10 of them would be 25 there

So looks like liveaquaria is a better place.

I owuld call up the LFS and ask them thier prices. Find out which one is cheaper

I should clarify. That is for 3 peppermint shrimp not one. They go for 10-12 dollars a piece depending where you go to.

Okay I'm not sure if I should go with live aquaria or not. I can get what I was going to get from there from reefs2go.com for 10 dollars less. I added 5 banded trochus snails to that order to make it $60. Is this a good site to by from?

I've never heard anything bad about them.
I know several of the members here have bought from them also.

if you use petsolutions.com after you make an account they give you $5 off your next order. not much but it can make the difference. as for me, i would have to buy over 40 items off line to make up for the shipping and then you risk some of them dying. i spent the same amount at my LFS but i got to pic them out and see the water quality

If it were me, I'd call your LFS. Let them know you're pricing it on the internet and at retailers. They might offer you a bargain to get your business. :)

I tried that. Their snails are two dollars a piece and peppermint shrimp are thirteen dollars a piece. Maybe if they were more local and I had bought from them a little more they would have but they said they couldn't change their prices.

For $63.99 you can have 80 nassarius(yeah,too much I know),15 ceriths and 15 astreas.Add a couple peppemints and a couple emeralds,you would still stay under 80 buckaroos at Reef2go.

Back